Monday, February 18, 2013

Red, (off) White and Blue kind of day!

What does President’s Day mean? A day off from work at the school and all of my kiddos are home with me. 
In an effort to keep a patriotic theme going with the day, I’ll be finishing up a Quilts of Valor quilt. It's already quilted, it just needs a binding. The top was pieced by a wonderful volunteer at my local QoV group, Victor Valley Quilts of Valor. 


I'll also be working on this lovely quilt. The fabric is Petite Odile by French General... not exactly Patriotic but there is a resemblance to red, (off) white and blue so I’ll run with it!

I’ve been working on this quilt for several weeks and have been piecing for several days. What’s taking so long???? Cutting. Lots of cutting. I like to cut everything out before I sit down to sew… piecing goes so much faster this way! Do you have a favorite method of cutting? I’ll confess that I’m a perfectionist so I love my Accuquilt! I didn’t have the right size strip cutter for this project so this king-size beauty has been all cut by hand. 











Hand-cutting is definitely more time consuming but the blocks are turning out beautifully. I plan on a full day of piecework after the binding goes on the QoV… should be a great day!


Be sure to head over to the site to check out the special this week… Simply Color. I recently finished a quilt for my brother and sister-in-law using this line and it is amazing fabric!

Jelly rolls, layer cakes and Fat Quarter Bundles all come with a free charm pack this week, February 18-24, 2013
Hurry, this offer is good for this week only, while supplies last!

If you'd like to learn more about our specials each week, be sure to sign up for our newsletter @ TopsandBobbins.com


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment