Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's been awhile but I'm still here!

Ok, ok, I know I've been neglecting my blog. I could give you all kinds of excuses but they'd be just that: excuses. So rather than whining about how busy I've been, I'll just share a few of the things I've been up to in the last six weeks...SIX WEEKS since I've blogged??? Ummmm...does "I'm sorry" take care of my apologies? It does? Phew! You're the best!!!

First, I'd like to share a quilt that my quilt guild pieced (& I got to quilt!) for The Susan G. Komen for the Cure Inland Empire Affiliate. I think they are auctioning it off today here http://www.komenie.org/assets/race-documents/2011-race/sleep-in-for-the-cure.pdf or on October 4th here http://www.wildwomenofwinecountry.com/about-us.html. I'm so excited; hope it raises TONS of money for breast cancer research!




Just a small sample of the many blocks pieced by the fantastic ladies of Victor Valley Piece Corps...beautiful work ladies!

I've worked on a few other quilts as well & if I just picked one to share it would be this...
How stinkin' cute is this? I pieced it from  Kim Brackett's Scrap-Basket Sensations and used Connecting Threads fabrics. Then I quilted a leaves pattern all over in cream thread. It was a gift for a friend of my sister's for a very special birthday...Happy Birthday Amy!

There's a lot more coming in my next post...I'll be better this time, promise! There is some big (HUGE, GIGANTIC, COLOSSAL) news I'd love to share but I need to wait another week.
(I am NOT pregnant!)
See you then!

1 comment: